Jan 24, 2021
1 minute read
Using seasonal produce and substituting ingredients from your fridge and store cupboard
- Place the pheasant on top and place lid onto casserole.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours, until the leg bone is falling away from the breast.
- Preheat your over to 150 degrees C and allow 2 breasts per person
- Add 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil to frying pan, sear your pheasant breasts for approximately 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and place into a casserole dish
- Fry 1 chopped onion, fresh thyme and/or rosemary or a teaspoon of dried herbs, chopped celery, carrot, suede, turnip – all as to hand. Add some chopped bacon. Add all to your casserole dish.
- Deglaze your frying pan with some red wine, add ½ pint of stock (chicken or beef works well with game), add to casserole dish and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add something for sweetness - a tablespoon of leftover cranberry or apple sauce perhaps
- Cook in oven for 1 hour